Friday, September 21, 2012

Artsy Fartsy Friday - Awww, Puppies

Things are a little crazy around here as I launch my new mystery, Drop Dead on Recall, finish the sequel, get ready for two conferences, two book signings/talks, a reading, and a class I'm teaching, all in October. I'm also revising some poems, hoping to have them ready to submit soon, and have a few other irons warming up to take center stage after this mayhem ends.

Aussie puppies Chip & Harper, 3 weeks old.
One of the projects I'm working on brings my writing and photos of infant puppies together. Ultimately I hope this will become an exhibit with an accompanying book of some sort. In the immediate future I expect to put it together for projection, making it portable. Who knows, maybe I'll post it here eventually.

In the meantime, I thought I would push your awww button by posting a few puppy pics today. The point of the project I'm working on is to inform people about what goes on in those critical early weeks of a puppy's life, but for here and now, the only point is, well, the puppies.

Here they are.

One of my favorite photos from when we were breeding Aussies. This is Dustin - ASCA & AKC Champion Brookridge Dustin U ASCA & AKC CD, CGC, TDI - and his four-week-old sone Taz.


Another favorite, Dustin and Taz again. "My papa!"




Is isn't easy to walk when your fur slippers are grabbing your jeans!
This is Roger with puppies from our first litter way back when.
L-R Trophy, Harper, Chip in back, Poet, Lacy.  



This handsome pup, named Sage, happily toted that dumbbell all over the yard.
He was 7 weeks old here.



Missy taking a nap with her single puppy, Story, one day old.
Like mother, like daughter.

















That's it for now! Have a great weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget that my Drop Dead for Healthy Dogs virtual book launch continues from now through October 4, with a portion of sales going to benefit canine health research through Canine Health Events or the Australian Shepherd Health and Genetics Institute (buyer's choice). Learn more at Drop Dead for Healthy Dogs.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment