Like many such online honors, the Sunshine Award asks recipients to do a few things:
- Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post.
- Answer a few questions (see below)
- Pass on the award to deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
Sunshine Asks & I Answer:
Favorite Color: Bright red-orange - it's energizing and supposed to indicate creativity in the person who loves it.
Favorite Animal: Oh, come on - that's like asking a mother to state publicly which is her favorite child. I don't think so!
Favorite Number: Really? I'm supposed to have a favorite number?
Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: Water. Okay, maybe cranberry juice. But I usually opt for water.
Facebook or Twitter: Yes.
Your Passion: Just one? No no no. Life is much more interesting than just one passion! Here are a few of mine...
- dogs & cats (big surprise, huh?) and other animals
- writing (ooh, another surprise!)
- books, essays, poems - anything well-written
- visual art that lifts us up -- paintings, drawings, textiles, photographs
- travel - the world is made of beautiful places, creatures, vegetation, and people
Giving or Getting Presents: Giving. But not for holidays. I love to find the perfect, unexpected something for a friend.
Favorite Day: Today. (Live once, repeat.)
Favorite Flowers: Oh, my, another silly one. Sorry, I cannot pick just one. Here are a few: Mexican sunflower, zinnia, orchid, bird of paradise, camellia, jasmine, and a field I used to visit by a lake in Indiana that filled in late summer with purple ironweed, white Queen Ann's lace, and yellow black-eyed susans. Spectacular!
Finally, these are the fantastic bloggers I'm tagging for this award. Check them out:
- Cats, Books, and More Cats with Toni LoTempio
- Auntie M Writes with Marni Graff
- A Writer's Life: Working With the Muse with Christy English
- P.M. Terrell's Blogspot with P.M. Terrell
- Mary DeSantis's Blog with Mary DeSantis